Cleaning your Roof is important not just because of the added sparkle that a fresh, clean roof will give to the look of your home.
Reasons for cleaning a roof are to
- Improve your home’s appearance
- Extending the life of your roof
- Save energy
- Protect your family’s health
Serves to brighten up Your Home with a Clean Roof.
If you are fed up with the dis-colouration on your roof ? Do you hate the moss growing there? Are you tired of cleaning up bits of moss that have fallen from your roof onto your footpaths, patio, car etc. Is the moss also encouraging birds on to your roof, leaving unsightly bird droppings?
That dis-colouration on your slate or tiles is not the result of dirt alone. It is caused by bacteria called Gleocapsa Magma. If the bacteria are left untreated it is soon followed by the growth of lichen and moss. Moss and lichen on the roof takes from the appearance of your house reducing its value.
Protect your Roof and Extend its Life. Roof tile manufacturers agree that the effectiveness of power and pressure cleaning techniques are only temporary and discolouration, lichen and moss, are likely recur. However, soft washing technique uses algae resistant roofing products that will inhibit future growth.
- Remove the algae, mildew, fungus and lichen at their root system
- Remove leaves, sticks and debris collecting on your roof. This build-up holds moisture and can quickly damage your roof tiles.
- Prevent fungal organism from decomposing the roof surface, creating cracks and fissures.
- Achieve a lasting clean to treat the problem not just blast away at the surface.
Protect Health at Home & at Work Algae, mould, mildew, bacteria, etc. are well known allergy culprits
- Roof stains spreading to around your home could be contributing to the problems of allergy sufferers.
- Every time it rains, the fungus on your roof drips down spores onto patios, driveways, decks and walls. These spore colonies are then transported into your home by foot traffic, pets or blown by the air.
Gutter Cleaning clogged gutters hold water, may cause rot on the roof, and even become a breeding ground for insects and birds. You should clean your gutters at least twice a year. Depending on what sort of plants and debris you have near your home you may want to clean once every three months. We arrange scheduled cleaning services.